Made from renewable, sustainable, and environmentally friendly bamboo, these cooking spoons are the one thing missing in your kitchen.
Here are some benefits of welcoming wooden spoons into your kitchen:
1. They won’t scratch the finish off nonstick surfaces or leave scars on delicate copper pans. That’s especially important for dishes that require a lot of stirring, like caramel, risotto, and candies.
2. They’re “warm.” Wooden spoons plopped into a high-temp candy or another temperature-sensitive recipe won’t “shock” the mixtures and cause immediate crystallization. They also aren’t conductive, which means they won’t draw heat out of the dish—and they won’t burn your hand.
3. They’re firm enough to stir thick, viscous stews or batters, and they can hold up against the pressure of scrapping browned bits off the bottoms of pans.
4. They’re heat resistant. They won’t melt in hot syrups or when rested against a hot pan or stove eye. That doesn’t mean they won’t burn, of course, but even wooden spoons with burned bits are useable. They also don’t release chemicals when used in hot dishes as some plastics can.
5. They’re recipe safe. Some metal utensils can react with acidic foods, like tomato sauces and lemon curds. Wooden spoons will not affect the flavour of foods, and they’re unlikely to absorb flavours too.